September 12, 2013

Aztec / tribal print nails

Hello, ladies !
Today I am wearing a different design on my nails and so far I'm loving it. I was dreaming of such a design ever since I bought these 3 Golden Rose nail polishes from the seaside and I thought they would look great together.
I first applied a transparent base coat to protect my nails. Then, I applied one coat of the base colour which, believe it or not, is silver ! ;) Then I applied two strips of tape vertically on each nail, trying to keep it as evenly spaced as possible. After that, I applied the three colours on every nail, removing the tape right away. When that was all dry, I started outlining each colour with black and white, letting also the base colour show through. I chose black for the lighter colours and white for the dark blue. Then I painted a simple pattern using stripes and dots. As usual, I applied a top coat to finish off and protect my design.
I really feel that the photos I took look better that the actual design on my nails. I'm not 100% satisfied with the way it looks, but after working so much to get this look (by the way, my right hand looks exactly the same), I don't really care that much anymore. :)
Kisses !

Bună, fetelor !
Astăzi am pe unghii un model diferit şi până acum îmi place. Visam la un astfel de model încă de când am cumpărat aceste trei oje Golden Rose de la mare şi m-am gândit că ar arăta grozav împreună.
Mai întâi am aplicat o bază transparentă protectoare. Apoi, am aplicat un strat din culoarea de bază care, credeţi sau nu, este argintie ! ;) Apoi, am aplicat vertical câte două fâşii de bandă adezivă pe fiecare unghie, încercând să păstrez o distanţă cât mai egală între ele. După aceea, am aplicat cele trei culori pe fiecare unghie, îndepărtând banda imediat. Când s-a uscat, am început să conturez fiecare culoare cu negru şi alb, lăsând totodată să se vadă şi culoarea de bază. Am ales negru pentru culorile deschise şi alb pentru albastrul închis. Apoi am desenat un model simplu cu dungi şi puncte. Ca de obicei, am aplicat un top coat pentru a-mi termina şi proteja modelul.
Chiar cred că pozele pe care le-am făcut arată mai bine decât modelul de pe unghiile mele. Nu sunt 100% mulţumită de cum arată, dar după ce am muncit atât de mult ca să obţin acest look (apropo, mâna mea dreaptă arată exact la fel), nici nu îmi mai pasă atât de mult. :)
Pupici !











4 comments: